UF offers Core Concepts in Biomanufacturing and Quality Systems: Designed for the development of skills required for success in today’s biotechnology industry, this course covers two tracks: “Processes & Facilities” and “Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, & Quality Control.” Using a blend of hands-on applications and lectures, course instructors integrate core concepts of processes and facilities with quality compliance to build a solid understanding of the development, manufacture, testing, and release-for-sale of a regulated product. Students will be asked to apply project management skills in the production and regulation of a standard biotechnology-based process. Topics covered include:
Processes & Facilities
- Equipment (Maintenance, Calibration)
- Raw Material (Sourcing, Storage)
- Aseptic Processing
- Building Systems
Regulatory Affairs, QA, & QC
- cGMP’s, cGLP’s, cGCP’s
- FDA Organization Structure (Overview)
- Regulatory Compliance
- Validation, Sampling, & Testing Methods
Each student will complete both tracks of study. An industry recognized certificate documenting 24 hours of blended hands-on experience and lecture, will be issued upon completion.
Who should attend: This course is intended for current employees in biotechnology, or individuals who are interested in entering a career in the biotechnology industry.
- Employees of Start-up Companies – Build a culture of quality from the start!
- Employees of Established Companies – Documented Training and Professional Development!
- Scientists Transitioning from Academic Research to Industry
- Students or individuals interested in employment in the Biotechnology Industry Sector
Course Time and Location
DATES: June 4-7th, 2012
TIME: June 4th & 6th 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. June 5th & 7th 9:00 – 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: UF’s Center of Excellence for Regenerative Health Biotechnology Education Center, 13706 Innovation Drive, Alachua FL, Education Center (Lab 204)
Through funding from the Banner Center for Life Sciences, we are offering a reduced rate of $125! Call for assistance with overnight accommodations
Registration Deadline: May 31st, 2012
Click Here to Register: http://www.cerhb.ufl.edu/education-center/register/register.aspx